[slogan sc_id=”sc1417471948766″]Here at Salus we are all for promoting a healthy workplace, this includes healthy eating and nutrition. You’ll find our recipes for office lunches & snacks easy to make and full of goodness to keep happy & healthy throughout the workday![/slogan]
[image action=”none” image_action_link=”#” target=”_self” align=”alignleft” image_size_alias=”” image_alt=”” link_title=”” margin_top=”” margin_right=”” margin_bottom=”” margin_left=”” bw=”0″ sc_id=”sc1417472262653″]https://salusmassage.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Roasted-chickpeas.jpg[/image]
These energy boosting roasted chickpeas are the perfect office snack to munch on at your desk! They contain both manganese and iron which will keep your energy up whilst stabilizing your blood sugar levels. They’re delicious to boot and a great healthy alternative to a packet of crisps!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried off with a paper towel. (you can use the dried version but you need to soak them overnight first and then boil them for a few hours)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl to coat the chickpeas.
- Take a baking tray and a sheet of grease proof paper and spread out chickpeas – making sure they are in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-45 mins checking half way through (timing will differ depending on your oven).
- Make sure chickpeas are crunchy and have no moisture left in them.
*note: make sure the chickpeas are completely cooled before putting them in an airtight container ready to take to work!